Saturday, June 17, 2006

The News Roundup

Yesterday I took the nipper and the dog to the little local park again, and there were no neighborhood bullies outside that one house to yell at us. Whew.

That lasagna turned out great. It didn’t look very good (because for some reason we had fat free mozzarella in the house, and I used that, and although it says it melts well, what that means is that each little individual shred of cheese melts by itself in its own little space, and does not join the others), but it tasted yummy. I will definitely make this no-boil air headed uneven layered last minute turkey recipe again.

I have met the elusive baby across the street! As I returned from a dog walk, I saw the whole family out on the porch of the steakhouse. The mother called to me and asked if I wanted to meet the baby. Yes I did! He is 6 weeks old now, and has his mother’s nose. His name is Jonathan. I have since purchased little Jonathan a cute cow-themed onesie and matching bib from one of the egregiously overpriced children’s stores at the mall (I had a gift card!), and I will wrap it up and give it to them this week. Done and done.

Jim and I and our sidekick ate at the Pal Do Korean Restaurant Sunday night. The nice owner lady was not present (my guess is she was at church or a church-related activity). While we were there, we heard both Elvis AND the new Korean pop music. So, they have expanded their selections, but only by one selection.

Last but not least, I am now also enjoying hoof and mouth disease. My version is just mouth-based, so I have a weirdly sore tongue (feels like I have scalded it with hot coffee every day this week). When Jim had it, it was mostly throat and whine based (just kidding, honey!). I hope it feels better by tomorrow, when we are celebrating Father's Day with all you can eat sushi. Oh yeah.

1 comment:

MT said...

I don't think you're really kidding.