Thursday, March 06, 2008

Three Years Old!

Naomi turned three last week. Her biggest present was a surprise visit from her Arizona grandparents. I took her to the airport to pick them up- after we were there for about five minutes, she said, "Are we at the airport?" Hee. After getting over that hurdle, it was a short jump to guessing who was coming. That is one of the funny things about my little kid growing bigger- it used to be so easy to fool her. Not that I went out of my way to do that, or anything.


Somehow Naomi got it into her head that she wanted for her birthday "chocolate cake with a cherry on top." What kid's book depicts this cake? I don't know. Since we were having a little celebration on her birthday, and an outright party on the weekend, I felt free to interpret this request in various ways. 
Presents, first round...

At the "big" party on Saturday, Naomi wore a dress (for the first time in months), and she looked so grown up, you know, vs. her baby self, and so lovely, it was almost painful to look at her. Of course, we didn't get any photos that really captured that, but here she is in her dress and hat...
And cake with cherries, round two...

Finally, the "Enchantment Under the Sea" party decorations...

Has it only been three years since this radical life change? This kid, I tell you. 

BONUS PHOTO SECTION!

Barber of Seville, anyone?

Muriel rocks her new bathing venue.

Storch Riesen, please, Mrs. Lang!

2 comments:

Aliki2006 said...

Oh, happy, happy belated birthday to that sweet girl of yours, J. She's so beautiful--I can't believe she's three already!!

MT said...

I'm so glad for the photo update! The girls look adorable. Did Naomi think you got the order right (re: chocolate cake with cherries)? -liz