Sunday, October 19, 2008

Again with the Pumpkin Patch...

Saturday we made our annual pumpkin patch pilgrimage. As promised (threatened?), here are the photos...


Forecast? Sunny!


My friend's kids were so adorably got up for the patch, and I overheard one admiring bypasser ask if they were twins. Hee! In every picture we got of them, C is looking dreamy and S is looking fierce. Seriously, don't let the ponies fool you. This girl is fierce! But yeah, also, adorable.

New this year at the patch: hay maze! For the taller set, it wasn't too tough to see where to go. But for the little people, the hay was high enough to actually be labrynthine. Plus, it was really cool to see the hay loft. I love the way my friend is all Roma Downey in the photo. I am an angel, sent by God. Haymazing!

This was the before picture, before Jim reminded me that I didn't need to shoot from so far away. But in all the after pictures, where I got closer and framed it better, the girls had gotten over the novelty of seeing me with the camera, so this is the shot that made it in.

I would like to pretend like my awesomely pegged jeans were all about my retro fashion sense, but actually they were about my stumpy legs and my being too lazy busy to get my new jeans altered to accommodate them. It was pretty muddy out there, I'm just saying.

There were so many good shots of Muriel. She is rocking her shag hairdo so effectively that we were thinking about scrapping the penguin costume and seeing if we could find her a teeny leisure suit. She also had a really cute word for pumpkin, something like "pupikaaaaannn."



Ah, these cuties. Are pumpkin patch trips really just photo ops? Hmmm. They are rife with photo ops, but we really enjoyed ourselves. And we got a really lovely pumpkin for our efforts.

In the spirit of pre-Halloween, I would like to also relate Naomi's weird new fascination, a conversation we call, "Tell me what has bited you before." Here's my list:
- ant
- flea
- spider
- tick
- bee (not technically a bite, but as you see we are liberal with our definition of that)
- mosquito
- cat
- dog
- hamster
- hermit crab (this was actually just a pinch, of course)
- jellyfish (again, not really a bite, but you know)
- Naomi

No comments: