Monday, December 29, 2008

I Am a Dog Owner, and I Vote!

This was the bumper sticker I saw today. It is a thing of beauty and a joy forever. And it wasn't a sticker, it was one of those magnet stickers, high up on the back of the car, in the shape of a bone with stars and stripes on it.

I don't have enough battery power on the laptop to post the post-Christmas post, but there is one story I know I am going to forget, so I'm skipping straight there. On the way back from our Arizona trip, in the Phoenix airport, an officious TSA fellow who I imagine was trying to be charming told Naomi she was going to have to put her new build-a-bear Hello Kitty through the X-ray machine. She was more than happy to comply, but he had to up the ante and explain to her, a bit patronizingly, that they had to check and make sure Hello Kitty had no broken bones. She gave a little "Ha!" and then said, "She's not like me, she's a soft toy!"

I am an orthopedic surgeon for stuffed toys, and I vote!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love her response!!