Monday, May 18, 2009

Finally, Mother's Day Recap

This year on Mother's Day, Jim left (in the morning) for a business trip to Minnesota, but not before racing to church to drop off my Sunday school lesson plans for whatever sub they could find, seeing as I had come down with some kind of pink eye-type thing the day before. Neat!

A few days before Mother's Day, I was grousing to my friend about how Jim sometimes relies on an offer in place of an action. Like saying, "I'll give you a foot rub," which is not the same thing as delivering a foot rub. The difference is subtle, but important, especially if you are the sort of person who always hears the silent escape plea in any offer. So when he said something late in the week before Mother's Day about me figuring out what I wanted to do on Saturday, just for me, or whatever, I was grumpy. I have to figure out my own treat! That does not count as forethought!

But of course I was completely mistaken. There was forethought, and planning, and secret keeping. Jim got Naomi out of school early on Friday, and they came home and baked me an apple pie. Not only was it delicious, it was beautiful (which my pies never seem to be). Jim said Naomi peeled the apples, and mixed everything up. Here is the evidence:




And here was another bit of fun over the weekend.





No comments: