Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Update

I forgot to mention in the bunk bed dispatch that poor Dad Khooler has been having nightmares (three or four) about things falling. The other day he lunged to catch the lamp on his bedside table, knocking it right over. And the other night, during one of his patented couch naps, he jumped forward with his arms out, to catch some other falling object. So although the girls are doing great in the bunk bed, clearly someone in our family has a little anxiety about it.

On the plus side, I have been getting quite a lot more sleep. Because our little roommate used to wake us up any time between 4:30 and 6:30, I haven't relied on my alarm in quite a while. But either she's sleeping longer in her giant twin bed, or we just can't hear her waking up and demanding things of us. Works for me. Though I have to start setting that alarm now, I guess.

We had a very nearly uneventful weekend (ahhh), but we wrapped it up with a visit to... Turkfest!



Lest you think I am making this up. The Seattle Center hosts a festival for just about everyone at some point during the year, and this can only mean fantastically dressed dancers who will captivate my children. This Fest had an added insider bonus- one of the dancers was the father of Naomi's classmate.



On Friday we had a conference with Naomi's preschool teacher. She had a two or three page report, with lots of Ms (mastered), a few Us (usually), and a couple of Ss (sometimes). We asked the teacher if Naomi's seeming anti-joinerism is an issue at school, but she didn't know what we were even talking about, so that's good, I guess. I never know how Naomi is going to respond when I ask her if she wants to do something. But at Turkfest, when we came across the henna artist, there was no hesitation. She sat right down, and held perfectly still. With favorable results.



Muriel is still too little for henna, so we compensated with a super fly Turkish cap (which also happened to be super cheap). This girl rocks a hat, I'm just saying.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Matching owl shirts! Good job, mom!