Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tewtally Awesome

Yesterday an old friend from high school that I haven't spoken with, electronically or otherwise, in 12 years or so, sent me this:

Awesome! He wasn't in the picture- I think he had to work or something. But there are the rest of us, in all our eighties hair glory. My hair is so big in this picture that it is difficult to see poor Art, behind me. It's like his chin never existed.

If you are a reader of this blog and also happen to be a member of this photogenic group, and for some reason object to this fantastically bitchin' photo being displayed here, tell me and I will take it down. But not gladly. And now, I'm going to go listen to some OMD. 

9 comments:

MT said...

I LOVE THAT! Is it a perm, Jenny? Ratted bangs? What group was this? Honor Society? Math club? Also, what the hell is OMD? My high school years were entrenched in old school rap and hip hop. - liz

Anonymous said...

OMD shout out, woot! Maybe I am in the minority, but I miss The Bangs. If this portrait was taken by a professional, I hope he was fired for letting that guy's face be obscured by The Bangs.

chou/hsuan said...

Don't you forget about me, I'll be alone, dancin', you know it, baby....

I miss the ol' flock o seagulls hair and trusty aqua net. I'll have you know, B bordered on abusive ridicule when she saw this pic.

lara said...

wow. I vaguely remember this being taken. I do remember crimping those bleach outed locks though. nice find.

Aliki2006 said...

I had big hair too, back then--really really big...I kind of miss it!

Pangsterooni said...

Ah the good old days before talking heads on t.v. filled our simple minds with altered images of joy and division, peddling the cure for consumption inxs, and warning of the downfall of our information society on xtc.

chou/hsuan said...

Nice word association thing, pangster.

Scot said...

It's OK if you identify me as your secret source. It's been great to start catching up with everybody.

Anonymous said...

i thought that was funny enough to be forwarded to "poor" Art. . . But I think that Martin's expressions is my favorite. What a great guy.