Sunday, July 06, 2008

And the Award for Most Inscrutable License Plate Frame Slogan Goes to...

"Hoochie Nana and Lovin' It."

Please discuss. And let me know what that is supposed to mean. No, I did not make it up.

Here are the things that have happened since I last posted:
  • Went on vacation to Orcas Island. Sea kayaking!
  • Finally managed to organize a department lunch. Attendance, just over 50%.
  • 4th of July, Muriel's birthday party, including both sets of grandparents.
  • Muriel's actual birthday.
  • Muriel's baptism, again, both sets of grandparents.
  • Parents-in-law returning to Malaysia (actually that happens in a few hours).
  • Both kids starting "school" full time (again, this happens in the future, though not the distant one).
So, clearly, there are pictures and wry observations (or just observations) associated with all these events, but I am a bit of a wreck right now, to be frank. So I put it to you, my loyal reader(s)... which piece of news would you like to see reported, and possibly photo documentaried? All votes count for something. Peace out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Birthday party! And don't forget the cake!

MT said...

Sorry to hear you are a wreck -- is it from so many major family events?? I Googled the crazy slogan and got...your blog. My guess is it refers to a scantily clad grandma (nana) who's proud of her short skirts and lascivious ways. And, I would love to see photos of everything except the department lunch and flight to Malaysia.

Aliki2006 said...

I agree with daddytude's interpretation of the comment...

I'm sorry you're a wreck, too. I'll give you a call this weekend--I was thinking about you this week, when I was a wreck, and wanting to hear your friendly voice.

I'd love to hear about Muriel's party! Happy birthday to your littlest one!

chou/hsuan said...

I want to see what Mrs. Khoo does with her departmental lunch! What kind of foods? Sandwiches or sushi? Cans of Coke, or Dom Perignon?

Anonymous said...

"Hoochie nana" =s 60 is the new 40. Or depending upon the age of "nana", she could be in her 40s or 50s. And maybe a little fun for grandma isn't out of the question. I mean, why should all of the hoochies be mamas?

I think I am going to get a personalized license plate that just says: What's cooler then Khooler." Darn it, that is already taken.