Monday, July 14, 2008

News Flash! More on Muriel!

Like that kid isn't getting enough press around here, I have to post again hot on the heels of the (tardy) birthday newsletter to announce that our Sinbad the Sailor bondage is at an end... Muriel walks! Or, she did today. This morning she stood up and took a step, and sat down and kind of thought it over, and looked pleased with herself. Then she stood up again, and walked about five steps. Naomi and I cheered. Then we all ran out to school, daycare, and work, in that order. I told Muriel's teacher that she had walked for the first time this morning, and when I picked her up, she said she did four or five more times at school, and that she kept catching someone out of the corner of her eye, and saying, who is that? Oh, Muriel! Little ambulatory biped!

Also, Muriel had her one year check up, and she is healthy and tall and big headed and...super skinny. I thought she was, but it is not that great to get the confirmation that your kid is an absolute featherweight. Without being too specific, her weight is lagging behind her height and head circumference...by 70%. Zoinks! So, I'm putting the call out- if you have any finger food ideas to suggest, I'm all ears. I'm looking for good (not too sugary) carbs, especially. I can only give her so much cheese, is all I'm saying.

1 comment:

MT said...

Congrats on the walking, Muriel!