Saturday, March 28, 2009

If You Book It, We Will Come

Attention, anyone who wants to head to the west coast expressly to spend some time at Cannon Beach, and is looking for a mildly boisterous family to go in on the rental with: we are in.


Naomi enjoys the sea breeze.


Muriel enjoys a goober grape sandwich and the very bad emergency bang trim I gave her right before the trip.

Jim had one decent morning to try to get some shots. The weather wasn't too cooperative. But my goodness, is this place ever stunning.


Hello Kitty, Representing.


Some nice lady let Jim be in one of our vacation photos. Also pictured, a friendly child we met on the beach. He is actually my friend's adorable almost three year old.


Fortunately, none of the kids really knew that digging in beach sand was supposed to involve bathing suits and sunscreen.


Really, really a beautiful place, and a wonderful time.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Aw...Charlie in the house! So much fun. I'm especially glad the kite worked out.

Bailan said...

The Chouards may like to join you at Cannon Beach. How close is the nearest airport?

MT said...

"Holy Mary, Mother of God!" "They weren't here a minute ago." "Well, they're here now."

I saw that last shot and it hit me in an instant - those are the rocks from GOONIES! A quick Google search confirmed. I could leave a string of favorite quotes, but then I wouldn't get any more work done today. So - well done, Khoolers!

OK, one quote, I can't resist:
"This is our time, ourtime, down here... and that's all over the minute you ride up Troy's bucket."

Oh, and:
"Follow them size fives."

J Khooler said...

The irony is that my friend that we rented the house with was my viewing partner for Goonies about a hundred times (back in the day), but we never even talked about it while were there. Sloth love Chunk!