Thursday, April 30, 2009

Road Trip Redux

I think I used the title Road Trip on a previous post... but I am too lazy to come up with another one. Too lazy, also, to write much about it other than to say that last weekend we went to Port Angeles, on the Olympic Peninsula, and attended a jazz festival for geezers (and if I am lucky enough to be anything like these people when I am their age, I will be oh so grateful- except for that one grumpy guy on the dance floor). We ate doughnuts, played at a fantastic playground, enjoyed some room service, saw a beautiful lake and the top of some beautiful mountains, spotted some deer and some eagles and a chipmunk, and... I think that's about it. Good times, baby.
This wonderful place is actually called the Dream Playground. Dreamy!
This wonderful place is called Lake Crescent. Also Dreamy!
Muriel liked it when we called her burrito girl. She has a sense of humor about things.
Jim's giant crab omelet in the foreground. Sparkling Red Lion Hotel parking lot view in the background.
The girls stopped in a coffee shop to catch up on some magazine articles.
Naomi got the best tattoo at this place...
Senior Prom
Naomi and her friend Carmen commune with the Port Angelenos of yestermural.
Hurricane Ridge: Not too chilly for walking around, yet completely snowed over, so forget it. Pretty, though.
The ferry was windy, but you can see we had some nice sunny weather on the way home. Woo hoo! I'm ready for another trip.

1 comment:

Aliki2006 said...

How about a trip to NC? :)

I want to return your call--I've been sucked into a vortex of papers/finals grading and too much to do, too many hefty decisions to make, and no time. But I'll call you--I miss talking with you...