Saturday, February 27, 2010

Five Years Old

I started messing around with this blog post before I looked at the clock, and now that I do, I see that I'm about five minutes past the actual 5 year mark. Five years ago almost right this very minute, Naomi was born. When she (finally) came out, the nurse said, "Well, Dad, what do you got?" And Jim said, "It's a girl!" I said, "Really?" That's all I could come up with. I was so sure she was a boy. "Does this girl have a name?" the nurse said. "Her name is Naomi," he said. Just like that, Naomi was here.

Two years later, on the morning of Naomi's birthday, our friend Sochi was born. It's a good day to be born! We had a fun time at her house tonight, eating chili dogs and cake and ice cream. Tomorrow is Naomi's party, I should say, her first party (not the awesome kid paradise party- that's next weekend).

Care to guess what her dad put together, and we then sadly, pathetically improvised wrapping for?

No comments: