Friday, February 05, 2010

First Friday

OK, to start things off, here's a picture of the muffins Muriel and I made this morning, using a recipe in a cookbook named Brunch that I got from my BFF last year for Mother's Day. The recipe is called "Doughnut Muffins," and I will attest that they are in fact quite doughnutty and junk-foodesque, but also quite tasty, so I am not complaining. I am not going to post the recipe, as it comes from a published cookbook, but I will send it to you if you want it. A lot of butter and some super fine sugar is involved.


And yes, I was a little late to work.

Tonight, it really felt like a Friday around here- the girls ate two pieces of pizza each (leaving their parents impressed, but hungry). We looked through Naomi's school work packet (they work that kid like a slave at her preschool). She is getting so good at writing her name in perfect little letters, which I know is not going to get her a job, but still, it's neat. Muriel put on Naomi's dress up dress, which was comically gigantic. Both girls did a poor job of visiting with my parents on the computer, as they were too busy trying to read stories to them.

Then the real high jinks started. For some reason Muriel decided to help Naomi get her pajamas on, then Naomi decided she was going to change Muriel's diaper and help her get her pajamas on. She managed to do it. There was a high volume of giggling. And that was just the parents. When they get going, those girls are pretty comical.

Anyway, happy weekend, you guys!

No comments: