Friday, February 06, 2009

Friday Night!

I had no time to foment today- it was a crazy workathon day, as work is intended to be, I imagine. We are learning about our big conversion to DITA, and if that interests you, you might be a big giant nerd! Come and speak nerd (markup) language with me! I mention this only because a meeting related to this resulted in my being in the same room with a few coworkers (if you knew how infrequently this happened, in the land of the telecon meeting, you would be astounded), which led to actual chit chat, which led to departmental scuttlebut, and wow, nothing too amazing, really, but it was exciting to experience work gossip in the first person, instead of just as an abstract concept you read about in articles on careerbuilder dot com or whatever.

For home gossip I would like to announce that our little robot dancer was a bad robot last night, in ways that involved a lot of "sass" as our grandmothers might say, a lot of dramatic crying (and that was just from us, ha), and an early bedtime. Tonight, she was a super fantastic robot, kind to her sister, hopping right up to make her grandparents a valentine with no help nor prodding from me, eating a gigantic, nourishing dinner, and feeding the dog on the first request. Must be Friday night, or something. Muriel doesn't know her calendar, so she went about her normal business, spitting out meatballs and throwing zucchini on the ground for the dog to experiment with.

Speaking of Fridays and having no reason whatsoever to complain, I had a glass of wine with my tortellini, and am now sitting on the couch eating the world famous chocolate covered cherry Blizzard from DQ, and getting ready to watch "Burn After Reading," which my Blizzard lackey and life partner thoughtfully brought home from the video rental kiosk at the grocery store during his whole milk run. I think the word you are looking for is "awesome." Yeah, baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear your review of Burn After Reading. And I am so jealous of your blizzard!