Saturday, February 21, 2009

Get a Move On

Maybe it's because I feel like I have been sick for a hundred years (only two weeks), and haven't been exercising at all, and haven't been doing much of anything, but I have started to develop this notion that it is time for me to take on some new thing, some new physical activity. I have this feeling of yearning, almost, for that feeling when you are engaging your whole physical self in an activity, and your body is becoming conditioned to it, though still tired out by it. It can be a sport (though it's been a long time since I played any team sports- twelve years?), or a single-person activity, like going on a long bike ride, or even having one of those back-breaking yard work days (or Habitat for Humanity days, though it's been a while for that, too).

I don't know what it's going to be- more running, more yoga? Maybe. But I think it would be good to find something new to try. If you have something you do that you would like to recommend, I am all ears. When this cold is over, I am raring to go.

No comments: