Monday, February 16, 2009

I Am a Pizza

Naomi learned a song at school that seems to be stuck in her head but good, and she's been singing it for two weeks (when she's not singing "A You're Adorable"). It goes a little something like this: I am a pizza, I am a pizza, with extra cheese, with extra cheese, rock tomatoes, rock tomatoes, sausage please, sausage please.

I am not sure what the real line is for the rock tomatoes part. Anybody know this song? The best part is that she'll be minding her own business, playing around in the other room, whatever, and all of a sudden I'll hear a resounding chorus... "I AM A PIZZA, I AM A PIZZA!"

I was telling my friend the other day that I am thinking of having a t-shirt made for Muriel that says "I Do That!" That is her big sentence, which I like for a few reasons. One, check her out with her complete sentence, more or less. Two, check her out with her pronoun or whatever that is in that sentence. Third, she says it all the time, I mean fifty times a day, because she wants to do EVERYTHING. Whatever she sees someone doing, she is ready to to give it a go. I envision us having that lecture with some future her where we say "If the cool kids all said they were going to jump off a cliff, would you do it?" and having her say, "I do that! I do that!"

Although my friend pointed out that if we are lucky, Naomi will be a big giant nerd of some variety or other, and Muriel will trail along behind her joining the marching band and going to poetry slams or whatever. I am a pizza with extra cheese! Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

MT said...

[Hand waving vigorously in the air] I have the answer! I have the answer! At least, if this You Tube clip shows the same song, it is "From tomatoes, sauces squeeze." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Zwvyhms8c
Fun song!
-liz