Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Party!!

Today's post will be shorter and more boring than usual. Reasons: I cut my finger and have a big dumb bandaid on it, which is making typing a little weird. Also, I have a party to prepare for! Naomi turns four this Friday, and I am totally over planning and overdoing things in an effort to accommodate her jones for princess crap without technically giving in and doing a full princess whatever. So we're leaning toward "fairy tales," which gave me a lot of ideas, all of which I am attempting to enact, and you know that means trouble. Yes, I am in for it. So I have to get back to painting the beanstalk. Ha. Am I kidding or not?

Oh, and for Lent, I will be giving up Freecell. That's all I have lined up so far. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids don't know the beanstalk story. Thanks for the heads up!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Naomi! And best of luck with the party. . .should be fun to plan. . .

You could play the princess and the pea game with one of those hard candy Asian peas.

MT said...

We all know you are not kidding about painting the beanstalk. You have probably sewn a life-size Rapunzel with yards of hair too! Is the party on Saturday?