Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Highs and Lows

I am elated, no exaggeration, because I had this little swirl of yarn left, and had to get all the way around the scarf with my cheesy scallop border in order to finish up Muriel's pink scarf. I can't believe it made it. It made it!

I am also glum, a bit, because the pink scarf (very light pink) with the kind of red velvet color border around it just does not look that nice. And Naomi's is going to be the same dark red color, but with the light pink around it. I thoroughly enjoy crocheting, but how I wish I were better at the color choosing. It's not my strong suit!

And, I'm tired. It is past my bed time. That was a lot of yarn work. Also: will I ever get less rusty at this? I can't believe how out of practice I am. Oh! Before I forget, I set up an after school program at Naomi's school- a science class that runs once a week for six weeks. Today was the first one, and it was mobbed with little future science nerds. Woo hoo! Ok, g'night.

No comments: