Sunday, February 26, 2012

Why Was it Snowing Today?

I don't really want a meteorologist to answer that question for me, but I have to say, what is going on with the weather? Sleeting, hailing, snowing, sticking, and then, sunshine? It was weird.

We ate breakfast at the French Bakery, or New French Bakery, some French Bakery outside the local mall. They have unimpeachable ham and cheese croissants. Also, the chocolate ones are good. And the coffee! Yum.

Then, a record short church. Grilled cheese sandwiches. And then... Shrinky Dinks.

I haven't done these little "crafts" in something like seventy years, so I forgot how they do their thing. And I misread the documentation, shameful traitor to my people that I am. As a result, I was messing up the shrinking part but good. We were all freaking out a little bit. But Jim went to the troubleshooting section of the shrinky dink website, and all our problems were solved. Just bake it longer! We did. The dinks were all shrinky! And Naomi was able to complete her fairy diorama. I may post a picture of that, because my freakout about wrecking the darn things made me love them and their little diorama collective in a way that I would not likely have done otherwise.

Yep, that's the whole posts. Shrinky Dinks! G'night!

No comments: