Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Like Weeds!

This morning Jim had the girls stand up against the wood side of the oven cabinet thing, where he measures them. I'm not sure how this got started, but there are progressive notches all up the side. You can't see the marks unless you get very close.

Anyway, the point is, it has not just been our imagination. The kids are sprouting! Both of them have grown an inch since December.

Today I ran out at lunch to the Cost Plus, where in the extremely well-stocked candy department I had previously run across those candy buttons on long strips of paper that we used to get at Farrell's ice cream parlor, way back in the mists of time. I was hoping to find them again, since Naomi and I were planning to make these valentines this year. They were not hanging where I saw them last. But upon frantically summoning a sales associate, I immediately stumbled back upon them. Happens every time.

So...gotta get to work on those valentines! I should have bought some for Muriel- her teacher mentioned something about no candy, and the candy buttons are definitely candy. Hmm. In the meantime, Happy Tuesday!

No comments: