Sunday, February 19, 2012

Insert Title Here

OK, so first off, all of a sudden Muriel can do math and is very close to reading. She kept asking us to make her some math problems to do, this evening, and then she kept writing down the answers. And then she would beam and exclaim how fun math is. Woo! Good thing I finally picked up her Kindergarten registration package.

Second, the two of them played together for hours this weekend, which you know I love. I LOVE! They went through three of four different card games together, in their room, playing according to some rules or other. Laughing, harmonious. So sweet!

Third, birthday parties, birthdays parties. OK, only two. But today's was at the frozen yogurt place, so we basically ate frozen yogurt for lunch. Mmmm.

Oh, and I tried making granola today. It seems OK, although I think I overdid it on the nuts for the nut version. The non-nut version tastes pretty great. I am thinking I can get away with less oil and less sugar/maple syrup. I'll try again.

We also did a practice run on our birthday treat for Naomi's birthday. We're making rice krispie pops. It worked out great- they are cute and tasty and easy to get put together if you spray your hands with Pam. But I have got to figure out some kind of nice decoration. They need to be cuter! I'm looking for ideas, people!

And now, an overly large estate in post-Great War England is having a Christmas special, and they need me. See you tomorrow!

No comments: